A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Sunday, June 2, 2013

Burda Sewalong

Burda knit coat all finished!

I am very pleased with how the coat looked after the bias silk chiffon strips were added.   I wore it out to a fundraiser for the St Peter's School Rowing Club.  The lace knit is wonderful to wear - light but warm.  I am looking forward to making some more tunics that co-ordinate with this coat.




Although I have only made this garment for the Burda Sewalong I enjoyed joining with all the other amazing people - it was a treat to read their journeys and see all the pictures on Pinterest. 


Thank you to the wonderful organisers,  Kat  and the curious kiwi, I look forward to the next one!!



2 comments:

  1. My goodness you have been busy preparing for your fall/winter season. I can't get enough of easy coats like this that work with so many things and the chiffon detail is perfect.

    I really need to update my blog with the rest of what I sewed for spring/summer here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri - it is a hard colour to photograph but I don't think the photographer has done a bad job (my 13yr DD) ;-)) Looking forward to seeing what you have sewn for spring/summer.

      Delete