A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Monday, April 8, 2013

New Beginnings...

Welcome back to me!  I cannot believe that it has been so long since my last post. 

In the last few months the entire North Island has been declared a drought zone, the drought has devasted the rural area that I live in.


What was once beautiful lush green hills and valleys has turned into a brown wasteland.  Farmers around here have struggled to feed the cows but have finally had rain in the past week.  Funnily enough Guy has been working in the Australian Desert at the same time and they have had so much rain (over 100mm) that the whole project had to be shut down for time and the drilling staff helocopted out.  

At the same time we have been busy reroofing the house and completing painting the house.  The hot and sunny weather has been perfect for this and we now have a beautiful weatherproof house.  It can rain as long as it likes now!!

I am more than ready to get back into the sewing room and I have a new baby to help me.  After a lot of comparison shopping I finally purchased a Bernina 780.

  
Bella,as she is called, is a dream to sew on.  I am working on learning how to use this amazing machine and have been going to classes at the wonderful Bernina Sewing Centre at Tauranga. Watch this space as I learn how to use Bella to create.  








No comments:

Post a Comment