A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Machines and Style Arc

It has been a frustrating morning and taking a break before I go postal on my Babylock cover seam machine.  All I wanted it to do was the hem on my Creative Cate Top for the 6PAC.  It has been awhile since I have had it out of the box but it always has been a reliable machine.  I have changed the thread, needles and rethreaded it so hopefully the problem has now been rectified.


I have finished the Style Arc Ann T, the freebie on offer when I placed my last order.


Pattern Description. This fashionable t-shirt hides a multitude of sins with side rouching, make it with long or short sleeves. (from Style Arc website)
Pattern Sizing. Size 20 - I traced this and then added a larger seam allowance for insurance which I did not need.

Did it look like the pattern photo /drawing envelope once you were done sewing with it? The illustration is a little misleading, as the gathering is not as full as in the picture.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What do you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved the two toned look as suggested by the pattern picture.  The neckline is very flattering as well for my figure.

Fabric Used.  Main body - a beefy rayon that I had in the stash from SIL.  Contrast - a linen knit from many years ago aging in the stash.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? I tried using the elastic for the gathering at the sides and did not like the result so I unpicked and gathered it with 2 lines of gathering.

Would you sew it again or recommend it to others? I was not so fussed on the gathering but everybody who has seen it on me thinks it is very flattering.  I love the fit of the T and had planned making it without the gathering next time.

Conclusion
I can see this pattern becoming a standard for sewing.  The T shirt block fits my body very nicely and I plan to make more.  I loved the way the band fits so nicely in the neckline.

I am happy to report that the Coverseam machine behaved beautifully the second time around and finished the top hem without a missed stitch.  The top is now awaiting a press before facing the camera's.

No comments:

Post a Comment