A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Saturday, September 15, 2012

UFO's




I have been busy cleaning up the sewing room and stumbled over some UFO's while  I am procrastinating about my 6PAC.  I am stalled over the first jacket, it is not working and really needs to be binned but I struggle with this.  I have difficulty letting projects go and dislike starting anything until I have finished my last project.  The upside of this is that I do not have many UFO's but find that the few that I do have kill my sewing mojo.  So while letting that jacket have time out I finished the black scarf.  The blue scarf is so useful and warm but does not go with some things in the wardrobe so I started the black. It is now my new favourite!!



Moving right along I found these two tops cut out but not completed.  It is amazing how quickly these went together after siting around for 2 years!!  They are both merino - the coral has some lycra and a slight stripe.  They are wonderful to wear and it is still cold enough for these for a few more weeks.  The pattern is a Burda style 7504 and I like it so much that I am going to make some summer tops.









This top was fairly straight forward to sew but I had problems with the band - the picture shows that the cf seam joins with the centre panel seams but I can not get them to line up.  I also did not interface as it made the bank too stiff - the merino had enough body on its own. The sleeves are close fitting and when I first made the coral one I decided to add more to bicep area so if you have big biceps you will need to add more.

2 comments:

  1. It is very satisfying to finish the mojo killing items. I love the merino tops, the wide band makes them just a bit different from a regular knit top, without being obtrusive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kbenco, this pattern is fairly quick and easy as I said I plan to make a few for summer as the neckline is more suitable for this season.

      Delete