A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Thursday, September 27, 2012

Creative Cate from Style Arc

I have made the winning cowl neck pattern - the Creative Cate - in a wonderful graphic print for the university student DD1.  Written all over the print is 'ONLY ONE ME'  and when I saw this polyester fabric at the Fabric Warehouse in Hamilton I immediately thought of her.  It was expensive $26.95/m but just wouldn't be left in the shop. At the time of purchase I wasn't sure what pattern to make it up.  But as I went along on the cowl neck sew-a-thon it soon became obvious that the Creative Cate would be a good match.




























I wish I could say the fabric was as simple and easy to sew as the pattern.  My overlocker, a Baby-lock, hated the fabric and no matter what I did; woolly nylon, starching, tension adjustment, could not get it to behave.  In frustration I used the sewing machine and it was easier.  I am open to suggestions on how to sew this type of fabric - a beefy very smooth polyester.  

This has been posted off to DD1 and I hope that she loves it as much as I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment